Friday 22 June, 2007

A simple dry-wall man



Firstly, Happy Fathers Day! to all dads all over the world! :) I know this is a bit late, Im sorry!

According to Wikipedia Father's Day is a secular holiday inaugurated in the early twentieth century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fatherhood and parenting by males, and to honor and commemorate fathers and forefathers.

For me its just a day to contemplate all that my father has done for me and to thank him for his unconditional love and support.

Tell me what a father really is. Should he be tall or short. A father is a guide a mentor, the family stone, the glue that holds the family together, all in all a father is someone to talk to and someone who listens. He knows how you feel when you even don't. A father is the strong masculine role model.

I wanted to share this writing with all of you guys reading this.

I fell in love with a man
When I was only four years old
He was tall with big blue eyes
And he was strong enough to holdme when I cried.
He loved my mom
He loved me and my sis
And together we'd make a family.

The teenage years were so hard
I know at times I broke his heart
But God's love shown
Through Dad's strong will
And he stood by me even still.

He taught me how to love and care
He gave me hugs when I was scared
And I thank God for each day
My Dad's been there.

It takes a special kind of man
One that fits Gods' perfect plan
To be a Dad
And to give the life we've had.

He was just a simple drywall man
Trying to get by
But little did he know
God had a plan for his life.

There is another writing that I wanted to share which my friend Disha "twisted angel" Diwan has penned. She has written a beautiful verse describing her dad, a painful incident in her life that she had to go through and she concludes by cherishing the times she has spent with her dad! (Thanks D for the writtings)

"He was Fifty,
Half a century as I would normally say.
Well rounded and a moustache like a Walrus.
Reddish brown hair and he was fair.
Popularly known as Ginger not just by his friends but by me too
he never forced me to call him dad or papa,
so for me he is ginger forever and for always.
He was one of the typical boarding school boys, athletic in everyway!

It is a day I wont ever forget,
seeing him sitting helplessly on the bed
not being able to walk properly
entering the room I saw this image of him
i could not understand anything
then i heard my ma tell me what happend
i never wanted to cry
i wanted to be daddies strong girl
but helplessly a few tears rolled down my cheek

Sitting there looking at him.
seeing the tears in his eyes
I was scared
didnt know how serious he was
and i didnt want to think about it either
at that moment i wanted to yell out and say
"my dad strongest"
just like the ways in the ad would say.

He had indeed had a stroke and help was on the way
for us to take him to the hospital
It is just then that I realised that he wasnt that young anymore
I still live in that fear that something might happen to him
Its been 2 years but it still feels like yesterday.

I remember i refused to visit him to the hospital
I couldnt see him that way
My friends forced me to but I couldnt
In the end i built up the courage and went with them.
As soon as I walked in I wanted to run away

Seeing he is old now
makes me go down memory lane
I remember the time we've spent together.
and i cant help but smile.
from buying me toys nearly everyday
to playing video games with me.
from watching wrestling, to getting me my own punching bag
for coming to all my football matches and cheering me
to sitting with me through all the World Cup matches
Doing the last minute running around for my admissions
to getting not even a THANK YOU from me
I am thankful to him and always will be
cause for me there is only one ginger in this world
and he truely is the best dad in the world"

D thanks for sharing this. I know most will be able to relate to this in some way or form :)

And Finally "HAPPY FATHERS DAY!" to all dads

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg! Rahul you bought a tear 2 my eye :(

Debdutta said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that was just awesome....jst readin it made me picture my dad made me think of wat happ a month ago...as he was sick n in the icu ...n now even though its a month im shit scared ...as i dont wanna c him like that again....
That was jst beautiful...!!

nish9986 said...

this was jus brilliant...bttr than d family wala post.....too good man..the poem( if it is 1) is beautiful, nicely rhymed by u....plus 2 add on 2 this ur frenz post is also really nice 2 read.....1 helluva gr8 post....
keep it man....

Anonymous said...

hehe u rote dat poem awt?? i thot u got it frm sumwhere.....n now dat im readin wt iv ritin im not quite liking it..hehe but well its jus wt i felt..so...anyway...i like d blog... =)

Rahul Divay said...

D dont appear anonymous ya...i didnt write the first poem im not capable of writing such good poems it is an old poem that a chat friend of mine had written, she is from australia.

Vinay Iyer said...

good stuff man... u got real good writing skills... makes u really wanna think....

Unknown said...

well written, both of your actually.
i could never write about family though, i'm glad you can...:)

cheers

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Vimal said...

Nice Post
https://inhousepackers.com/

Vimal said...

Thank you for the content. We are Best packers and movers trivandrum for house shifting assuring best in class relocation services